Stay Compliant: New EMRT 1.01 Available for Download
November 23, 2021, the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) has released the latest version of the Extended Minerals Reporting Template (EMRT), version 1.01.
Importance of the EMRT Report Templates
The EMRT is a free reporting template to identify issues and gather due diligence information for cobalt and mica supply chains. Manufacturers of cobalt and mica must fill these mineral templates to show that the materials are sourced ethically and responsibly. Any OEM manufacturer or producer may check these reports to know they’re not breaking any compliance regulations.
The RMI recommends using the EMRT version 1.0 or higher for the reporting year.
EMRT Version 1.01 – What’s New?
- Minor revisions were made to correct issues related to the “Declaration”, “Checker” and “Smelter List” tabs
- Improvements on Chinese and Korean translation issues
Stay Informed Using our Compliance Tools
We offer a free tool within our P5 software located in the Compliance Tab. We help our customers stay on top of compliance regulations and make sure reports are up-to-date.
For a more robust add-on, we also offer the Compliance Module, which checks all parts for a comprehensive compliance status.
For more information on this report and our compliance tools, please contact us.
Additional Information and Resources
The next version of the EMRT is anticipated to be released in Spring 2022.
- Download CMRT 6.1: http://www.responsiblemineralsinitiative.org/media/docs/RMI_EMRT_1.01.xlsx
- EMRT Completion Guide – A guide on how to complete the EMRT v. 1.0: http://www.responsiblemineralsinitiative.org/media/docs/EMRT%201.0%20Completion%20Guide.docx
- The current Smelter Reference List: http://www.responsiblemineralsinitiative.org/smelters-refiners-lists/smelter-reference-lists-export/
- Our previous article on EMRT: https://www.siliconexpert.com/blog/emrt-update/