Renesas and Dialog Semiconductor to Join Forces to Advance Global Leadership in Embedded Solutions
On February 8, 2021 Renesas Electronics Corporation, a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, and Dialog Semiconductor Plc, a provider of power management, charging, AC/DC power conversion, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) technology,announced they have reached an agreement on the terms of a recommended all-cash acquisition by Renesas. Total equity value of this acquisition is approximately EUR 4.9 billion (or approximately 615.7 billion yen). Acquisition of Dialog’s low-power technologies and connectivity expertise with its mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) will further strengthen Renesas’ global footprint across large high-growth markets in the IoT, industrial and automotive fields.
- This deal represents an important step in Renesas’ growth plan centered around a series of acquisitions.
- The complimentary nature of these companies’ technologies and the size of their portfolios will enable Renesas to build more robust and holistic solutions to serve the high growth sectors of the IoT, industrial and automotive markets.
- The potential solutions in combining Dialog’s innovative low-power Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® SoCs with Renesas’ technologies will extend its footprint in high-growth segments, including contactless IoT applications for smart home/building automation and healthcare.
Impact to the customer:
- Bringing Dialog’s talented team and expertise into the Renesas portfolio will accelerate innovation further benefits customers and creating sustainable value for our shareholders.
- Combining Renesas’ IoT sector capabilities with Dialog’s low-power mixed-signal products will bringdecades of experience in developing custom and configurable solutions for the world’s largest customers.
- Renesas and Dialog will extend the combined group’s reach into a broader customer base and open up additional growth potential in key growth segments ofindustrial infrastructure, IoT, and automotive.
What is the impact of this acquisition to your business?
Mergers and Acquisitions are inevitable, SiliconExpert has the solutions to help you navigate the impact of these acquisitions. Contact us for a custom analysis of this M&A.
For more details on this post, please visit:
By Mostafa Mansour
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Join 74,000+ Electronic Component Leaders who receive their updates and insight from SiliconExpert’ Tech Updates! Subscribe today and get access to articles on latest industry trends, tech updates, white papers, research, infographics , events, webinars, and more.Subscribe Now