Oeko Final RoHS Exemptions Report (Pack 22)
February 3, 2022 – The Oeko-Institut has recently published a final report on the “Study to assess requests for a renewal of nine (-9-) exemptions 6(a), 6(a)-I, 6(b), 6(b)-I, 6(b)-II, 6(c), 7(a), 7(c)-I and 7 (c)-II of Annex III of Directive 2011/65/EU” (Pack 22). The recommendations included within will be presented to the European Union Commission for consideration and a final determination.
This ROHS directive has been implemented to prevent the risks posed to human health and the environment as a result of electronic and electrical waste. This directive (2011/65/EU) requires all electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) to be free of any substances included within Annex II. Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) containing materials within Annex III & IV are exempt from this ruling.
To help you better understand this published report, SiliconExpert has compiled a summarized list of the updates below.
- 6(a): Expires on 1 July 2023 for category 8 & 21 July 2024 for category 9 and category 11
- 6(a)-I: Split into two exemptions 6(a)-I and 6(a)-II with expiration date 21 July 2024 and 21 July 2026 respectively for all categories.
- 6(b): Expires on 1 July 2023 for category 8 & 21 July 2024 for category 9 and category 11
- 6(b)-I: Expires 12 months after the decision for all categories
- 6(b)-II: Expires 18 months after the decision for all categories with new two exemptions (6(b)-III and 6(b)-IV).
- 6(c): Extended to 21 July 2026 for all categories
- 7(a): Extended to 21 July 2024 for all categories
- 7(c)-I: Extended to 21 July 2024 for all categories with two new exemptions 7(c)-V and 7(c)-VI for all categories.
- 7(c)-II: Extended to 21 July 2026 for all categories
For more information, please check out the ROHS Exemptions document, managed and published by SiliconExpert.
How SiliconExpert can help you stay Compliant!
SiliconExpert strives to provide up-to-date information and reporting on regulatory compliance across all realms of regulatory compliance, including: REACH, ROHS, Packaging, Chemical Substances, Conflict Minerals, and much more.
To learn more about SiliconExpert’s Compliance Module, click the link below!
- ROHS Exemptions Document, managed and published by SiliconExpert