YAGEO Corporation to fully acquire Chilisin Electronics
On June 30, 2021 YAGEO Corporation announced its intentions to acquire all outstanding shares of Chilisin Electronics Corporation’s common stock in a stock-swap transaction. This transaction has been unanimously approved by the Boards of Directors for both companies.
This transaction is expected to close on December 30th, 2021 but is subject to customary closing conditions, the receipt of required regulatory approvals and the completion of the stock swap. Post this acquisition, Chilisin will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of YAGEO, delisted from the local stock market, and voided of public issues.
The two parties are expected to hold an extraordinary general meeting on September 7th, 2021.
- With the synergies between each company, this unification will enhance overall YAGEO operations. YAGEO is a leading service provider of chip resistors and capacitors while Chilsin is a manufacturer of inductor electrical components for consumer electronics in China.
- Through YAGEO global channels, Chilisin will be introduced to high-end markets in Europe, America, and Japan as well as premium sectors including but not limited to: automotive, industrial, medical, aerospace, and 5G/IoT.
- Post-acquisition, Chilisin revenue should see growth of an estimated 10 to 15% by way of new premium products sales (enabled through YAGEO global channels).
This merger will also boost Yageo’s revenue and earnings per share. Chilisin will make up 15 percent of Yageo’s total revenue after the transaction is completed.
Impact to Current Customers:
- Net, net – this acquisition creates higher value for customers, shareholders, and employees of both companies.
- Leveraging YAGEO’s strength in passive component deployments and expansive sales channels worldwide, Chilisin could grow its product portfolio from chip resistors and capacitors to inductors. This would also safeguard Chilisin’s stability product supply and prices for clients.
What is the Impact to your Business?
Mergers and Acquisitions are inevitable, and SiliconExpert has the solutions to help you navigate the impact of these acquisitions. Contact us for a custom analysis of this M&A.
For more information on this acquisition, please visit:
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Join 74,000+ Electronic Component Leaders who receive their updates and insight from SiliconExpert’ Tech Updates! Subscribe today and get access to articles on latest industry trends, tech updates, white papers, research, infographics , events, webinars, and more.Subscribe Now