Live Webinar – Latest Updates on US Regulation for Managing Toxic Substances, TSCA Reform and 5 PBTs Restrictions
August 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
The Latest Updates on US Regulation for Managing Toxic Substances, TSCA Reform and 5 PBTs Restrictions
As the Biden-Harris Administration works to advance the EPA’s mission of protecting human health and the environment, the agency is committed to ensuring the safety of chemicals used.
Under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the EPA was required to take expedited action on certain persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) chemicals and promulgate final risk management actions no later than the statutory deadline of December 2020. To meet that requirement, EPA released final rules to reduce exposure to five PBT chemicals, a critical step in the agency’s efforts to protect the health of Americans – including children, workers, and the environment.
These rules, which went into effect (February 5, 2021), address toxic chemicals that remain in the environment for long periods of time and build up in the body.
Attendees of the webinar will learn more about the following:
- TSCA and EPA Overview
- TSCA Recast – Lautenberg Chemical Safety Act
- EPA Published Five Final Rules on January 6, 2021
- Enforcement Deadlines
- PBT Chemicals Final Rules Summary
- Materials, Articles, and Equipment Impacted
- Industry Sectors Impacted with PBT Chemicals
- Obligations From March 8, 2021
- SiliconExpert role in Supply Chain Risk Management
Register today for updates on these regulations and how to stay compliant.
- Hani Elkotory, Senior Product Manager at SiliconExpert
- Tamer Saeed, R&D Deputy Manager at SiliconExpert
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour