One of the biggest problems facing companies that design and produce electronic products is component obsolescence and availability. There is nothing worse than finding out that there is a supply issue with a design component at a late stage design review or early pilot run.
The key to avoiding these issues is integrating an excellent data source such as SiliconExpert directly with your ECAD part library. Some benefits are:
- Part structure is modelled correctly. The library understands Manufacturer part numbers, Company part numbers, ECAD library parts and their relationship.
- SiliconExpert information is stored directly in the library structure.
- The necessary information is available directly in the authoring tools where the decision to place a part on the schematic is made.
What will attendees see in the demonstration.
- How easy it is to capture SiliconExpert metadata at the point of ECAD library part creation
- The advantages gained by eliminating manual data entry for both lifecycle and parametric data
- How a managed library data interacts with downstream authoring tools such as schematic capture